Stainless steel 304 is one of the most common metals used nowadays. Stainless steel is well known and preferred over several other metals due to its physical properties including good corrosion resistance, durability, high strength, etc. Various types of commercial, industrial, and residential products are created using Stainless Steel. Stainless Steel 304 flanges are one of the most popular products created out of this metal. There is a vast variety of flanges available for purchase. This article discusses eight important types of flanges and their uses.
Types of Stainless Steel Flanges
The following are the top 8 stainless steel flanges used in stainless steel pipes:
- Weld Neck Flanges: These flanges are distinguished by their protruding necks. The weld neck flanges have the same angle and thickness as that of the pipe. Weld Neck Flanges are considered best for use in severe service conditions such as sub-zero or high temperatures and high pressure.
- Slip-On Flanges: These are the most affordable range of flanges available for purchase. The slip-on flanges as the name suggests need to be easier to slip them over the pipe and hence they have a slightly larger diameter than the pipe. These stainless steel Slip On flanges are fillet welded to a position and are ideal for low-pressure applications.
- Blind Flanges: The flanges are designed without a bore, and are used to seal vessel openings or piping systems. Blind Flanges are ideal for use where the piping systems or vessels require constant inspection. The blind flanges can be supplied with or without hubs. This SS 304 Blind Flanges can easily handle high stress caused due to internal pressure.
- Threaded Flanges: Threaded Flanges also known as screwed flanges, and have a thread inside the flange bore which fits on the pipe with matching male thread on the pipe. Threaded flanges are used for special applications and can be easily assembled without welding. Stainless steel 304 threaded flanges are compatible with pipes with external threads.
- Lap Joint Flanges: The lap joint flanges are the type of slip-on flanges that are used with stub end fittings. Lap Joint Flanges are ideal for piping systems that require regular inspection and maintenance such as low alloy steel pipes or carbon steel pipes.
- Socket Weld Flanges: The flanges are designed for use on small diameter and high-pressure piping. The socket weld flanges have internal welds which contribute to their durability as well as endurance limit. These flanges are used in the chemical processing industry.
- Orifice Flanges: The function of these steel flanges is to provide access to a line for metering liquids or gases. The orifice flanges are installed with orifice plates or flow nozzles.
- Ring–Type Joint Flanges: These flanges are used for high pressure and temperature applications. The ring-type joint flanges has a specially designed grove that can be easily compressed on blind, slip-on or weld neck flange. The flanges help in avoiding leakages in pipelines where media is transferred at high pressure and high temperature.
The choice of the right Stainless Steel 304 flanges will depend on your application. If you are looking for SS flanges manufacturer, then Citizen Metals Pvt. Ltd is the right choice for you. You can always consult an expert like Citizen Metals Pvt. Ltd who will help you make the right decision.